<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Celebdaq Blues 

For those of you who don't know, Celebdaq is a pseudo-stock exchange run by the BBC with trading of "shares" in celebrities and paying out dividends (all pretend money) based on their recent press coverage.

One of the "goals" (I use the inverted commas because there's no official structure to the exchange beyond what you want to impose) is to get millionaire icons - each time you get a million pounds, you get another icon, and these become an indication of how long you've been around playing the game. Every Monday morning, if you have more than a million, you get the appropriate number of icons and your bank account is cut back down to £10,000, and the whole thing starts again.

I currently stand at £2.81 million. Which is very irritating, as I won't quite make it to 3 million in the next 40 minutes. Oh well, another day, another dollar, as they say. And it's only a game. You win some, you lose some. Make hay while the sun shines. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may...

I've also had a fairly good attack at doing no. 4 on my blog to-do list - I can now download my current account balance, chart position and other stats and put them into an HTML file. Next step - actually link them into this page so they can be seen by others.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?