<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Deflation 

It's been quite a while since I posted last! There doesn't seem to have been a great deal happened over the last 10 days. February's always like that.

Have just returned from Leeds after a talk on deflators. These are a statistical way of coming up with a probability distribution for what interest rates will look like in the future. I probably could have done with a little background reading first, as I really didn't get the middle third of the talk, but things started to make sense again towards the end. I also got a rectangular CD with a fun spreadsheet on it.

It was a bloody nasty drive back - fairly thick snow and pretty poor visibility. Apparently driving in such conditions always reminds one of my passengers of Star Wars, because of the special effects when the Millennium Falcon goes to hyperspeed. It reminds me of watching Star Wars too, but more because it's really awful and not something I enjoy doing.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?