<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 26, 2004

A Keane Badminton Player 

2 hours of badminton this evening. My thighs are certainly noticing it. If I could just work out how to hit the shuttle properly and make it go where I wanted, I'd be excellent - I certainly seem to have an uncanny ability to be in the right place to take the next shot, I just screw that next shot up most of the time!

I got heckled on the way home - I walked past a car being driven by a small child (I'm sure he wasn't old enough to have a driving licence yet), who poked his head out the window and shouted "Oy mate, did you win?" I just nodded and carried on walking, and he shouted something else that I didn't really hear. York is a strange place.

Keane were excellent on Saturday. Started up with my current favourite by them, "Can't Stop Now," which the more astute of you will have noticed a reference to in an earlier post's title. Actually recognised and could sing along with most of the songs - now just need the album to come out so I can find out who publishes the sheet music! Didn't get much of a glowing write-up in the Telegraph today - they were called "samey" - but I enjoyed them.

The two support bands were good too - Bell X1 were nothing special, but perfectly listenable to. Stephen Fretwell reminded me of the lead singer of my favourite band, Puressence. This might be something any guitar player can manage, but I was quite impressed by his use of the bottom E string to play a separate bass line at the same time as strumming the melody with the rest of the strings. It looked and sounded impressive!

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?