<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Going to the Races 

There's a race meeting at York racecourse this week, and (for some reason - not quite sure exactly why yet), my department is getting a free afternoon off to go and speculate to accumulate.

I'm looking forward to combining my extremely well-honed horse-picking skills (look for the horse with the most amusing name, it's bound to win - oddly enough, in the 10 or so meetings I've been to, this "system" has never actually failed to win me money. I should patent it.) with those of the amateur jockey, D, who works in my team. I'm thinking his system may have just a little more scientific backing to it...

Sadly D was run over by a horse several weeks ago in a vain attempt to avoid having to sit an exam, so he still looks very scary with lots of scars and bloodshot eyes (well, just the one bloodshot eye - his left one, in case you were wondering).

Oh, and I've switched the comment set-up to use the new Blogger's comments function. I'll see how things go for a few weeks.

1 comments
Comments:
I've found a good system at York is to always bet on Pat Eddery or Keiran Fallon (or whatever his name is). If they are around they tend to be in most of the races. Odds are generally low, but for good reason.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?