<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Monopoly Money 

Well, my usual system worked. Arrived a bit late for the race meeting, so I only saw three races, but in the first one, there was a jockey called Mr Bedding, so I had to go for him. £3, 14/1, £45 back, with only 2 minutes work! (I did get 2 dodgy Irish monopoly-money £20 notes though - have had them refused in several places.)

Things didn't go so well in the second race, where clearly there was some form of breakdown of humour - ImTalkingGibberish didn't win! Ah well.

Race 3, and we're back to form - Moon Emperor comes in 4th, netting me another £11. Net profit for the day, just over £30.

My presentations in the morning went OK. Had to stand in for my manager, who was off sick, so I ended up being third most talkative of the day (after the department head and the "world's least likely actuary"). I definitely deserved the races.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?