<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

PINT 

That's my Myers-Briggs personality type. Well, after monkeying round with the letter ordering a little for comedic purposes.

I was a little skeptical about this when doing the questionnaire the other week. But having attended a session on it today, I'm converted. It's quite scarily accurate when it comes to describing me, and in how it "expects" I should interact with other people - I think I've wasted quite a bit of time over the last month or two with one of my team because I'm an N and he's an S, and I can see now exactly why we've had these problems.

Here's a full description of an INTP - among other things it explains why I'm happy to sit soberly in the pub watching everyone get drunker and drunker! I think it's quite telling that of the 16 types, this was the only one I could find a detailed explanation of. It's apparently fairly rare - only about 2% of men and 1% of women are this type, with only INFP and INFJ being rarer.

Unfortunately, since the standard tests are copyrighted and otherwise IP-encumbered, I couldn't find any proper tests online so other people can have a go and see what type they are. The first link has a very noddy self-test, but that's hardly worth bothering with.

8 comments
Comments:
Funny as I'd just recently re-taken the test as well. I've transmuted from INFP to INFJ over the years. And it IS eerily accurate, except some rubbish about many INFJ's feeling they have psychic ability. Crackpot.
 
I'm quite interested to do it to a finer level - apparently there's another stage which subdivides each of the 4 attributes into 5 levels, so you effectively end up with 16 * 5^4 = 10,000 different types. I think the INTP profile is pretty accurate for me - nothing really jarring at all.

People often change types, apparently, but not usually by much, so your shifting from a P to a J is not so surprising, esp. if you were fairly marginal before anyway.
 
Yeah I was right on the line. I think I've just become more organized as I've gotten older. lol I'd be interested in a fine tuned profile too, if you dig one up.
 
that was me. stupid defaults
 
I won't claim I read the whole thing, as it was a bit long, but the description of INTP that you linke to just sounded like the description of a Class from a D&D manual. Actually, I'm totally sure there must be a list on the net somewhere of what MBPT type all the D&D classes are...
 
It sounds a lot like me too. Scarily so.

I'll have to take a proper test and see what it comes up with some time.
 
Update!

According to the Noddy-and-far-to-easy-to-fix test, I'm INTJ. Though with a couple I wasn't really sure which way was most me. In the whole self-analysis thing (which I do indeed do constantly) I consider myself very much an enigma, and to and extent hypocritical. I think my personality shifts quite radically at times, and the way I react to something one day can be completely different on another. The Fe Shadow section of the INTP thing was very much me, I relentlessly analyse my own emotions and reactions, but am irrationally terrified of expressing them to others. (Except, curiously, in the impersonal space of the Internet, where I find talking about things hugely easier)
 
Just done mine and I come out as an ENFP. Very scary the sort of things it says, I like the how to spot an ENFP
-high energy, friendly, and good natured
-imaginative, fun loving, and off beat
-curious; discussions shift quickly from one topic to another
-warm, concerned, and eager to help solve problems
They hink I should ge either a management consultant, in HR or in advertising. Um.
Will need to find more about these
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?