<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Restaurant Success 

A strange confluence of events occurred this lunchtime. I went to a restaurant, didn't get served last, and didn't get my order screwed up! Such a thing is almost unheard-of in recent times. (Except at Pastiche, but they know me fairly well there, so know not to offend me!)

Although it's not so nice out now, at lunchtime it was really sunny, so Lint, Flissy-loo, Iasonas and I went to the Tasting Room in town. It's very well-hidden, and has a very sheltered courtyard, which in the sun was really hot (and bright - I need to buy some sunglasses!) In fact, if you go to the website, and look at the picture in the top-left corner, we were sat almost exactly in the location where the photographer must have been standing.

I had the cheese plate with the cat, pepper and cheddar cheeses, which was excellent, and a Fentiman's traditional lemonade, and entirely failed not to be served with the correct meal or drink. I felt somehow cheated...

3 comments
Comments:
Flissy-Loo?????!
 
I've called her that before - look at my birthday post (which I can't be bothered getting a link to). It's what her gran calls her.

Such things are important to remember and bring up later at a socially inconvenient time.
 
"and entirely failed not to be served with the correct meal or drink"

brain...struggling...with...double...negatives

That far to complicated a sentence to understand on the first pass at this time on a morning. I feel I'd have more excuse if today was yesterday, rather than a Monday where I'd usually be at work in 20 minutes and expected to understand more complicated things. In my defence, it's like an unofficial Sunday today, and I did only wake up 4 minutes ago, and the coffee I'm drinking hasn't had chance to kick in yet.

Right, having thoroughly made a fool of myself, I'm going for a shower.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?