<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Thirteen 

That's the number of separate bruises I sustained while playing paintball today, possibly the hottest day of the year so far.

It's very good fun, but I was appallingly bad at it. We had 8 games, with about 40 players (in 2 teams) in each, and I managed to be first to get shot out in 3 of those games, and in the first 5 in 2 of the others! I think I've played a bit too much Unreal Tournament and Doom - you get second chances when you get shot there, and it doesn't hurt as much (although it can be quite painful when you're surprise-attacked by an invisible pinkie and you jump so hard you fall off your chair. As I said, I've played Doom too much! Hmm...I can't find any pictures of invisible pinkies, only normal ones. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.)

My one shining moment was a sadly unsuccessful attempt to storm the opposing team's fort in a game of "Bomb the Village". 3 of us, Matt carrying the bomb and the other two of us running in front of him as fast (and as big!) as we could the 10 yards or so to get into the fort. Foiled at the last yard though - Matt got shot once, just a foot or two outside the fort's gates. I, however, having led the charge, am fairly certain I got at least 6 of my bruises in those 2 seconds - definitely one on each leg, chest, shoulder and two on my right ear!

These last two won me the title of "Only Bleeder", one I'd rather have done without. I do like it though when you get to make Fight Club references in real life - that doesn't happen often enough!

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?