<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Had We But Worlds Enough... 

I'd be quite happy to settle for more time. Everything seems to take half as long again as it should, there are always so many more things needing doing than can be done, and the to-do list just keeps growing every day. I can't wait till my extended break next year.

Related to the subject of needing more time, I'm off on an excursion with Bert to London tomorrow, for a seminar on mortality rates, and how they're likely to change in the future. It's not something I've a great deal of experience with, but it's one that will become relevant in my work over the next few years, and it's a fascinating subject to the sci-fi fan in me!

One of the papers mentioned in the background reading was particularly interesting. If I'm in an optimistic mood, I wonder how close we are to the tipping point, when no-one needs to age any more. More pessimistically, I wonder what we'll do to screw it all up when we get anti-aging sorted out!

If it all happens soon enough, maybe I'll live long enough to finish another crossword.

1 comments
Comments:
it was a fairly disappointing meeting. I felt that it would have been better to have 10 people in a room, and not everyone else.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?