<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Weekend Weirdness 

I've finally found someone who's worse at planning things than me. It's only taken me 29 years!

My ex-flatmate Phil decided this would be a good weekend for several of us (7 at first count) to go climbing and camping in the Peak District this weekend. In approximate order of occurrence (unfortunately not ridiculousness, as some of them wouldn't make sense in that order), there now follows a list of things which could have been planned for better :

1. Having not actually mentioned to 2 of the attendees which weekend we were going away, leading to them arranging something else already.
2. Not having told me where we were going or exactly what we were doing till 10 am yesterday, leaving me unable to obtain various essential items in time (e.g. sleeping bag!)
3. Not actually having any serious climbing gear, thereby forcing us to do bouldering, which requires a lot more skill and strength.
4. Not having packed his own sleeping bag till I reminded him of it 30 seconds before we set off this morning.
5. Getting to Sheffield at 12.30 and deciding that, since we were only 5 mins drive away from Emma's house (one of the original 7), we should ring her up and ask if she wanted to come out with us!
6. Not having booked anywhere to pitch our tent at all, despite this being the last day of the school holidays, and consequently quite busy.
7. Not having ensured sufficient tentage for everyone attending to sleep in. Or in basic maths terms, 4 into 2 doesn't go.
8. Not having let Chris crash his car and forcing him to leave us and go home instead. (OK, not really plannable-for, but it certainly didn't help matters!)
9. Deciding at 6.15 that, due to the tent situation not looking good, we could instead sleep in Emma's lounge.
10. Getting to Emma's at 7.30 just as she was about to go out. Deciding to go out with her, but then as soon as we get to the pub, changing our minds and realising that we might as well come back to York for the night.

Which is where I am now. In fact, I'm lying comfy in my own bed as I type this.

And to think I said I hated camping!

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?