<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 26, 2004

WimbleGone 

I made it back from work in time to catch the very last game of Goran's match. Very emotional - I had a lump in my throat watching him put on his Croatian shirt, and receive what has to be the least unfriendly booing by 15,000 people ever. I'll miss all three Gorans. But in his own inimitably mangled phraseology, “I think you should wait for another Goran. Is going to come. Every generation has own Goran.”

I think this year must be Tim's last chance though. I think he'll be too old at just under 31 next year, with the likes of Federer, Roddick and Hewitt still in the first half of their twenties. He'd be almost exactly the same age (down to a few days difference) as Goran was when he won Wimbledon, so it's still a possibility, but sadly I think 2001 was his best chance.

1 comments
Comments:
You can tall it's Wimbledon fortnight: it rains non stop . I'll be glad when it's over and we can get back to summer!

I agree that Timmy has probably missed his big chance, but thats a shame. Not from any patriotic sence of wanting him to win because he's English, but because he's just more interesting to watch than the big baseliners (when he's playing well that is - his constant anguished expression when he's not gets a bit much sometimes).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?