<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

A change is not as good as a rest 

Today, I have taken my first day off work since 26th March. The last 3 months have been so jam-packed full of things happening, and if I want my holiday in January and February, I've got to be frugal with my days off this year. But, God, how I needed this one! It also continues my so-far perfect record of never having been in work on Wimbledon men's semi-finals day.

I had 3 things on my to-do list for the day:

1. Have a (much-needed) haircut. It's always a good idea to have these before small children walk past you in the street and say "Mummy, is that Jesus?" A bit late for that now, but I'll try to remember for next time...
2. Watch lots and lots of tennis. Possibly enough so that, when I go out this evening, people think I have a nervous twitch from my head still following the ball backwards and forwards across the screen I'm not watching any more.
3. Fail to do anything else.

Item 1 is now complete. Item 2 cannot commence for another 10 minutes or so. I have, however, already failed to achieve item 3 (or have I? If I tried to fail but failed, have I actually succeeded? Who knows?) I managed to get a most delicious lunch from Henshelwood's deli. Cured gammon with lentil, hazelnut and mushroom pate, followed by a slice or two of Lanark White cheese and a couple of stuffed jalapenos. So I didn't mind failing on no. 3!

5 comments
Comments:
Hello! I'm in bed!

It is hard to tell whether or not you still look like Jesus or not - the surviving pictures can be inconsistent on hair length.

To avoid looking like him further, here are some advices:

1. Beard removal
2. Skinhead: I am fairly sure that the big J never did that look.
3. Get off the cross - you must be aching by now
4. This list item has been removed by the author
 
Thanks. I'd respond with a few tips on how not to look like Francis Jeffers, but I can't think of any.

I'm in bed too.
 
It's bloody 11AM - get out of bed, the lot of you! Oh wait..... scratch that. And I do not know what gammon is, with exception of the board game achievement.
 
I'd forgotten that sometimes an American-to-English dictionary is necessary! This seems a lot more comprehensive than I can be bothered to be.

And I am out of bed now.
 
Right. Very thorough. :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?