<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

And something I didn't know 2 days ago 

I'd planned to start this post with a comment on how, after winning the Ackhorne quiz on Sunday, we only seem to win quizzes once in a blue moon, but as you can see from the link, I was wrong. Doesn't change the fact quiz victory seems quite a rarity though. (And technically we didn't really win - the team doing our marking added us up wrongly, but we neglected to say anything because we didn't think it would matter!)

Last night's Old White Swan quiz, the more normal one, was back to our usual near-miss. We came 5th, but would have won with just one more right answer in round 2. Oh well. Wouldn't have had much use for the prize anyway - instead of the usual monetary rewards, it was 24 cans of lager last night. I suppose I could have sold them on ... if I could have found someone who likes Carling.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?