<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

A Month in a Minute 

29 days since my last post ... not good. As Jimbobjo suggested, interesting things have happened, but I've not quite had the desire or the energy to post about them. Here's a few of them that I can still remember :

Highlights

1. Getting completely soaked (and I do mean completely - a picture will appear as soon as Flic's camera is developed) after deciding running for shelter wasn't worth it in a gentle summer shower. At least I wasn't the only one - the birthday girl and I could have been adverts for a wet T-shirt competition.
2. Finally breaking my winning streak at the races. "Look Here's Carol", which is definitely comedy-friendly, came up with the goods as usual - £30 up, but sadly the system broke down later on, and I lost about £20 on the day. Ah well, can't win 'em all.
3. Eating ostrich for the first time. York has a great selection of foods available, and there's always something new that I haven't tried.
4. Finally obtaining a dining table, after just under 10 months of looking. Now I just need that sideboard...
5. Beating Mr Sterling 4-3 in possibly the best match of squash I've ever played.
6. Being called Nigel by one of the senior actuaries at work.
7. Fudge failure - why on earth are evaporated and condensed milk different from each other? Did no cook ever study physics before coming up with a naming convention!? At best it could be called toffee sauce. I've got condensed milk now - I'll try again.
8. Ross Noble - this comedian is very odd, but very funny. Anyone who can sustain a conversation for 10 minutes about Jesus jumping up and down on a trampoline while curing lepers deserves respect. On re-reading that last sentence, I now realise it can be parsed in a variety of interesting ways. I don't think I'll rewrite it though.

Lowlights

9. Starting to realise that I'll never be capable of managing people without putting in a whole lot more effort than I think I'm able to.
10. The leaving of Goodlife. Didn't really get to know her as well as I could have.
11. Feeling like I spend all the hours in work just for someone else's benefit, and all the hours out of it distracted by thoughts of the hours in it.
12. The 30 thing. As someone who's rarely thinking more than 5 minutes outside the current moment, I'm surprised it's bothering me, and I haven't worked out why it is either, which is even more irritating.
13. LLTFOWLES - a crossword clue I haven't got yet. No idea of number of letters (or words) in the answer. I hate it when I can't work these out.

13 seems an apposite number to leave things on. I'll try to post more often in August. July's been a funny month, hopefully one the like of which I won't see again for a while.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?