<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

My Ears Are Ringing... 

...and my head is spinning, but I do know why. (And truncated respect to anyone who gets that reference - mine's a little more obvious than Lint's.)

7 times I've seen Puressence now, and this was definitely the best of them all. I was completely drenched in sweat (Fibbers - air-con soon - please!), very hungry and I've had a shit week (month!) at work but I don't mind now. My favourite band of all time were playing, not 5 yards from me (and not 2 yards when Neil and I moved up to the front for a bit of moshing during Sharpen Up The Knives). Fibbers feels a little more homely than anywhere else I've seen them, perhaps because I've been there so many times, but it definitely felt a much more friendly, "amongst friends" kind of atmosphere.

6 new songs tonight - a record! The best was one they didn't give a name to (updated : Clash of the Titans), but I also really liked Don't Forget To Remember. Roll on the new album.

Not heard them do Turn The Lights Out When I Die live before - brilliant. The new guitarist still has a bit to learn - noticeable in the lead-in to Standing In Your Shadow when he was all over the show with time-keeping - but he's improved a lot since I saw them last in December.

It's difficult to claim these as real downsides when the gig was so fantastic, but they didn't do All I Want or Mr Brown, and didn't finish with India - first time that's happened.

Apologies to Tom - sorry you didn't enjoy them, but then it's a fair exchange for having me come to see Bloc Party. (Actually, not totally fair - I did enjoy Bloc Party, but for all the wrong reasons!)

Someone said I sounded cheery on the phone just before the gig. Couldn't (and never have been able to) get the grin off my face during She's Gotten Over You. I bet I'd sound even more cheery now.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?