<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I've started so... 

This is starting to bug me. I found the link on a blog a few weeks ago, and it sounded like fun, but the puzzles are hard! I'm stuck on the word puzzle for week 3 at the moment.

I have a 3x3 grid, with the following layout :

p1 4 3
9 6a 5
7 2 8

Then there's a clue : "The key to this device is its temporal calibration with the moon. Lunar time is numbered in a particularly simple way, you see, and if you understand that then everything fits into place."

The answer is a single word. And I'm stuck. Doesn't seem to be a crossword-like clue (I've got a long list of words that will fit, like partially, prostates, popularly, pregnancy, etc. but none of them seem to answer the clue). Can't spot any obvious pattern to the grid either.

I need to sleep on this one.

2 comments
Comments:
I see. Yes, that's fairly obvious now! I'd read the P and the A as replacing the numbers, rather than in addition to. The rest of the puzzles have been much more straightforward than this one so far.

Incidentally, did you see your name in lights in this month's Actuary?
 
Even more obvious - it's the name of the whole website too!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?