<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Time to Get My Skates On 

Having so far done just this side of bugger all in arranging anything for my upcoming 7-week holiday, I finally have an incentive to do so.

I've just acquired something very special - tickets to all the semi-finals and finals of the Australian Open. The last Grand Slam to be held in my twenties, and the tournament's centenary. Between 27th to 30th January next year, I will be sat upside-down (relatively) in the scorching sunshine watching my favourite sport. And not thinking at all of any of you languishing up here in the dark and the cold on the wrong side of the world.

So now I just have to book flights, arrange accommodation, get Adrian to book some time off work so he can show me round Singapore, sort out the skiing in Canada for on my way back, hope I don't get made redundant next Tuesday and try to shake myself out of the extreme apathy that's been drowning me since June. Oh, and remember to take my glasses with me!

I really need to sleep tonight. Somehow I don't see that happening for a bit yet.

And next Tuesday seems a little less concerning just now.

3 comments
Comments:
I really should have stayed and gone for the redundancy. But only the lucky people achieve that.
 
Jimbobjo: I don't think that there is anything lucky about being made redundant.
 
What he means is we're lucky he's gone.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?