<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Eight of Clubs 

Australian Inventions they aren't famous for :

  • Air conditioners that drip dirty water all over you
  • One-sided motorways that run one direction in the morning and another in the afternoon
  • Extraordinarily complicated ticketing systems for getting on a boat - took the coach driver 4 minutes to explain it, using Mallett's Mallet rules (mustn't pause, mustn't hesitate, no repetitions)

    All of these have impinged on me (or dripped on me) in the last week.

    Went on a cruise this morning with the intention of swimming with dolphins. Unfortunately, there was a really big storm last night, which usually means no dice, as it did today. Saw 2 or 3 from a long distance away, and was in the water for about 30 seconds, but not really "swimming with dolphins"! Oh well...

    Spent yesterday on Australia's 3rd-largets island, Kangaroo Island (there's a competition question again - I actually got nos. 1, 2 and 4 correct myself without being told too!) Lots to see there - mostly natural rock formations, but also a seal sanctuary, and a walk along a beach where sea lions rest and breed. Saw several tens of sea lions from just a few feet away, including an extremely cute little one, less than 3 months old.

    Tomorrow going to be visiting some of the museums around Adelaide, and maybe going up to North Adelaide where a lot of the bookshops are, doing some browsing - I've finished all the books I brought with me, and so I need to get The Confusion now!

    I'm sure I've done lots more, but I need to think about what to write better next time!

    PS - happy birthday Badfriend.


  • 0 comments
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?