<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Five of Diamonds 

(subtitled "The Worst of All Possible Worlds")

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to this evening's tennis any more. This has to be the worst possible match-up that could have come out of the semis, from my point of view.

I detest Lleyton Hewitt with a passion, and playing against Safin gives him a greatly-increased chance of winning, as compared with Federer. Of course, a final without Hewitt altogether would have been even better! Safin is a far better natural tennis player, and watching him is probably second only to Federer when it comes to tennis as an art form.

I just have this horrible sneaking suspicion that he's going to lose against Hewitt who's essentially in the same position as Henman would be in a Wimbledon final - it's nearly 20 years since an Aussie got into the final, and 30 since one won, and the media over here are just as pro-Hewitt as the British press get with Henman. Just that Hewitt is in with a much better chance! This is the first time he's ever got past the 4th round of the Aussie Open, and here he is in the final.

My prediction is Hewitt in 4, with Safin losing the first set on a tiebreak, winning the second on a tiebreak then going to pieces, so something like 7-6 6-7 6-3 6-1 to Hewitt.

That, needless to say, is not my desire, just my expectation!

Hellos (that might be read this time) to Angela and Gavin. Hope you remember your glasses this evening, Angela!

2 comments
Comments:
I suspect that this a daft question, but did Henman get knocked out yet?

Hello to all Australians!
 
Chip - your prediction was rubbish :-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?