<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 03, 2005

Four of Hearts 

4 degrees North, 104 degrees East - better known as the island of Singapore.

Well, I got here all right, despite being on the smallest plane I've ever been on - 54 seats total, and I couldn't stand upright in it! 5.5 hour layover in Frankfurt was very dull - not a good airport to sit round in on New Year's Day evening!

Yesterday was a very short day, allowing for all the time changes - I spent the 5 or so hours of it I was in Singapore for trying to wake myself up properly from the flight. Did have excellent chilli squid at a hawker's market.

Today has brought much walking and sweating. It's a bit hot! High 20s, not much wind, and lots of humidity. Still, there are plenty of air-conditioned shops to wander into. Most of them appear to be Marks and Spencers - I saw 5 separate ones today!

Had one of those peculiarly young-Asian meals tonight, where you have each course at a different restaurant. Noodle soup for starters, then Sri Lankan curries on a rooftop terrace, an ice cream and then iced tea, making 4 restaurants in total. There was a 5th one we saw that I rejected, but I'll be going back there to take a photo later in the week...

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?