<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 28, 2005

Three of Diamonds 

I know this is very frequent posting by my standards, but I had to say something.

The tennis was bloody brilliant yesterday. I honestly don't know how Sharapova (the "fit Russian" in the words of a certain Neil S - I've got a "reverse angle" photo of her, just for him...) lost it - Serena seemed all kinds of out of the match, and then somehow turned it around. I've also got a recording of Sharapova's "grunting", which is very funny.

While I was expecting to see at least (and realistically speaking, at most!) 6 sets from Federer, the 5 I did get were spectacular. As was Safin. How he saved the match point against him in the 4th set I don't know, and how he carried on through another 7 (I think) match points before finally beating Federer was unbelievable. Good birthday present for him though! Got home at just after 1 am, and couldn't get to sleep for another hour.

Day 2 today, and after that, I'm thinking it might be a bit of an anticlimax!

And finally, thanks to Karen from South Melbourne. She'll never read this, but I was brought up to be polite.

1 comments
Comments:
It's legal in all 52 states, AFAIK.

She conversed with me about tennis for the 5 hours or so we were sat next to each other, shared some crisps with me, then gave me a lift home.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?