<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Eight of Diamonds 

Hmm. Don't know what went on with this post - it was blank for a few days! Got to re-type now...

It's nice to be wrong sometimes.

It was a very good game of tennis, the final. I was fairly nervous when Hewitt appeared to be walking away with it in the first set and a half, and I really thought he might do what he usually does and work himself up to a winning position after his fight with the line judge in the third set (which I could hear every word of!), but I was very happy he didn't. The better man won. I did spend much of the evening having to clap quietly - there wasn't a great deal of applause for Safin! I was sat near to 3 very vocal Russians, who I think were just about the only people in the crowd shouting out for him.

Last day in Melbourne today. I've had a great time here. Went along the Great Ocean Road in an open-top minibus on Monday (A Tour With A Difference) which was fantastic. 150 miles or so of amazing coastline - I managed to take about 40 photos on the one day!

Yesterday I went to St Kilda, which is the nearest beach to Melbourne city centre, about 5 miles south. I enjoyed the chilli, basil and mint ice cream I had while there! Then the weather started to close in a bit, and it dropped from 36C at lunchtime to 17C by tea time. I was supposed to be going on a cruise to see the penguins, but that had to be cancelled because of the weather (that's 2 now - dolphins as well!)

In a few hours, I'll be in Sydney.

2 comments
Comments:
Yes, I'm not sure what happened. Originally typed it at an internet terminal in Melbourne airport, and it all seemed to work fine. Came to look at it from our friends' place in NSW, and it's not there at all! So I've roughly re-typed what I said the other day.
 
That happened to me the other day. Very annoying. And I also noticed I did a post in the olympics about us winning two golds but it didnt post that bit!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?