<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 07, 2005

King of Diamonds 

This is the big one. As far as I can work out, 7th February lasts about 41 hours for me! I've got the joy of about 20 hours in planes (spread over 3 flights) ahead of me. Luckily, I've got a seat with a little extra leg room, and no-one sitting next to me, barring people oddly requesting the middle seat of a block of 3.

Yesterday was probably my second-favourite day of the trip. I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Could probably have done without the weather being quite so hot (the delightful grey-brown overalls you have to wear didn't help either), but it was a perfect day - no clouds at all, and we could see somewhere around 70 miles, to the Blue Mountains out west of Sydney. I've got some brilliant photos - you're not allowed to take your own camera up, but the guide takes a few photos of you.

Had a proper barbie last night to see me off too. The rarest of rare steaks (mmm, bleeding - they cook them properly if you know the chef!), and "little salty buggers" in the Caesar salad - don't think I've ever had anchovies before, and they were quite nice.

So, top ten memories from Oz, in no particular order.

  • Climbing the Bridge
  • "Giant bonsai trees"
  • Safin v Federer
  • Sandboarding
  • Milly the koala
  • Boost juice bars
  • The Great Ocean Road
  • 2 birds and 1 squid
  • Nearly swimming with dolphins
  • The view from Helen's house

    And finally - another 2 people thought I was Aussie yesterday. "Your accent's not that strong," spoken almost complainingly, by one!

    0 comments
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?