<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 20, 2005

King of Spades 

To borrow a phrase from Homer Simpson, the well-known cartoon detective and Police Cop, "and that's the end of that chapter." Guess I have to start thinking up witty post titles again from tomorrow.

So real life returned with a bang (more precisely, a few sparks and then nothing at all) when my car broke down just a couple of minutes after leaving my parents' house for York. Something up with the electrical system - it was completely non-functional for a minute or two, then after leaving it for a bit, engine, steering and some of the lights work, but not brake lights or indicators, and the fuse for these blows straight away when I put a new one in. That's about the extent of my knowledge when it comes to cars, so I've borrowed my brother's old (and I mean old!) car for now.

Not really looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. It's going to be hard to get up in the morning, hard to wear a collar and tie (which is optional, so I might not - need a short-sleeved white shirt to show off the tan though...) and hardest of all will be having to sit still and do stuff for other people for 8 hours. We'll see how things go - not sure exactly what I'll be doing, whether it's my new job full time or, as seems much more likely, my old one full time!

I will get the photos onto the web at some point this week and save boring people with them. I might have to bore some of you with the Sydney Harbour Bridge ones though, as they're paper copies.

Oh, and if anyone wants a calendar, I've got 6 spare ones! I bought 3 in Oz, the required number for the flat. My brother had sent loads over from Nantucket, of which my parents had allocated me 2, and they'd (apparently!) also forgotten that they'd bought me 3 in the New Year sales, which were sat on my desk when I got back this afternoon. Finally, there was a free one from the council in the post - I fully expect not to be taken up on the offer for this particular calendar!

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?