<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

Local Boy In The Photographs 

Not many of them though.

Regular readers may have noticed the slight re-jig of the sidebar over ---> that way, in order to fit in my shiny new Flickr link, together with, at last, my holiday photos! (Pretend you're hearing a little fanfare now. Go on, it'll be fun.)

I've already had one of my write-ups corrected! The wonders of the Internet.

UPDATED

I've had a couple of reports that the sidebar looks a bit funny, likely only in certain resolutions. I've had a go at fixing what I think the problem was, and it does appear to be OK now. However, if anyone has any problems (or would like to tell me everything looks fine!), please let me know (comments or e-mail), saying what browser, version and screen resolution you're using.

7 comments
Comments:
Well the sidebar still looks odd to me, its quite thin and most of it starts at the end of the blog text. But know that this is all due us having different systems etc and the explorer is crap. So can live with it! Also wouldn't want to let you have a rant about explorer and microsoft!!
 
Looks fine to me in Firebird, and did before too..
 
Bertie, what are you trying to say? I would never rant about Microsoft!

Don't know what's going on there then. Are you on IE6? And/or XP? It's fine in 5.0 under NT4 and 5.5 on OSX, but I don't have IE6, or XP - I can easily believe they've further screwed up their CSS model in IE6!

Sarum, it's called Firefox now! Don't confuse poor Bertie, he won't know what browser it is that he should download to fix his problems.
 
Now you have a nice link I will consider downloading firefox (nee firebird) soon. Think I have spyware on my pc and need to fix first and norton antivirus annoys me as it blocks everything including gmail and flickr.
 
That's odd - didn't know Norton would pick up on that sort of thing. ActiveX presumably. Can you not get it to allow certain sites to work?

Spyware - download several of AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Giant Anti Spyware. Best to use more than one, as each will inevitably miss some types of spyware.
 
I think the problem with the sidebar starting below the blog text sounds like a similar problem to one I used to have. I always found it hard to reproduce at home, but IE at work would show it up. In the end I just changed the width of my main section by about a pixel and that seemed to fix it.

But not using IE is probably the best solution all round.
 
was checking out norton yesterday, there is nothing in the help menu which suggests it blocks stuff, and nowhere I can add ok sites. What a crock of S*it. Also it doesnt allow the symantec website. So for me to do anything I need to turn internet security off (including firewalls.)PC still going slow and crashing. Have done a full scan and definition updat and found 8 ad thingies. Will uninstall and reinstall norton next. May try some of the free stuff around. Slightly annoying
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?