<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

Seven of Spades 

Last post from Canada, and it might be the last one from abroad, actually - not sure I'll be bothered to do it in Boston, I'm only there for 2 days. What Net access I've been able to get here is really poor - they're all dedicated terminals running Netscape 7 (the only browser worse than IE 3!), which doesn't work properly with GMail, has stupidly-located keys so I keep moving the cursor around everywhere except where I want it to be, and don't seem to come with chairs, which is particularly tiring when wearing ski boots!

Handed back my skis, boots and poles to the rental shop, so that's it for the skiing for this year, most likely - unless I finally follow through on the extremely long-term plan and buy myself some custom-fit ski boots to cope with my odd feet. My ankle and knee hurt lots. I really would have liked to get a new jacket too while I'm here (I've borrowed one from our friends in Oz that might actually be older than me! The guy in the shop commented on my "retro" look.), but doubt I can fit it in the case given weight limits.

Now to forward-looking matters. I will be back in York on Sunday, and I would like to go out in town and say hello (and Happy New Year!) to anyone who still remembers who I am. Suggested venue - that new (although it probably isn't to you lot now) York Brewery pub on Stonegate whose name I can't remember, from 7pm. I've left Lint and Helen in charge of the UK attendees in case things need to change (e.g. the pub's already closed - unlikely if GD still lives in York though...), so hassle them about the details, not me.

2 comments
Comments:
You're definitely having problems with your ski boots. I have a theory that the person to invent a boot which is comfortable and, most importantly, you can get on without pulling a hernia (in my case) will be a very rich man. Nobody believes me about this!
 
Iasonas, I believe you! Do you fancy going into business on the side...? I actually tend to have more problems taking them off than putting them on.

GD, you probably can't remember having boot-related problems because you're likely still drunk in the morning when you're putting them on. And how did injuring a football change the size of your feet? :)

Mine appear to have naturally developed that way - it's nearly 3/4 of a size difference between them. I certainly have never injured either of them significantly.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?