<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Two of Spades 

Can't believe I'm on spades already - in some ways it feels like about 5 minutes since I left, in others about 5 years!

This may be the highest I've ever been while posting. In an altitudinous sense, of course. 2048 m above sea level, to be precise - possibly a few more than that, because I'm on the second floor at the moment, and the sign's outside the front entrance.

Today's my first day of skiing. I should have done some yesterday, but I decided to compensate for having 0 hours of sleep out of 40 on Monday by having 15 hours of sleep out of 24 on Tuesday, thereby making me roughly on par. As usual, my right ankle is rubbing in the boot because it's a little too big, I'm having some trouble turning left cleanly (same cause), and my thighs are burning like anything (plus I'm posting this standing up in ski boots - Iasonas will be able to testify that that's not the most comfy position!), but I'm skiing, so all that doesn't really matter. It's good to be back.

The views here are pretty amazing. The skiable area isn't too high, by the standards of Europe (highest point is about 2600m, as compared to the typical European top of the high 3000s), but there are some very high mountains around. The weather could be a little better too - it's been quite cloudy today, so the temperature has been around -15 all day. |Like I said though, I don't really care!

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?