<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sons and Daughters 

It's quite difficult to believe we're already quarter of the way through the year. And in some ways, it's also difficult to believe we're only quarter of the way through the year!

In one of my as-rare-as-I-can-make-them descents into consumerism, I've purchased a projector. I've wanted to get one for some time, since I saw Die Another Day on my friend's bedroom wall in Pakistan! I'm looking forward to playing GTA San Andreas with an actual-sized Carl Johnson.

This keep-fit lark has side benefits for CNPS. I've spotted 6 cars while running over the past 2 weeks since I started going out in the evenings. I had a little something to prove to myself tonight - whether I actually could do a 5-mile run without problems, as I said I could last night. And apparently I can - with even fewer ill effects than I'd have expected. I'm sure I should feel more tired and/or achy than this! Got a bit of a stitch about halfway round, but it disappeared pretty quickly. As the nights get lighter, I'm going to be aiming to build up to at least one half-marathon-length run a week. Time to really find out if the long-distance-runner physique I seem to have ended up with is worth its salt.

GD's birthday yesterday. He made it to 26, although nearly no further! We went to El Gaucho, Steakhouso Argentino, to where I've not been before. Wasn't overly impressed. The chips came pre-salted, and the temperature of both these and the plate would suggest they had been cooked in a blast furnace. The plate also appeared to have been formed from some previously-unknown substance on the borderlines of violating the second law of thermodynamics. I like my steaks rare - the plate remained so hot for the entire time I was eating the main course that it was almost cooked through by the time I finished it. Still, very good espresso to round off the meal. Thence to Plonker's, where we were unsure if Stouty had really run a marathon dressed as Superman (I think not!), Lint was unhappy and disappeared unexplainedly while on a quest for a glass of wine for £2, and I got a free half-glass of orange juice.

Two items of food-related comedy today.

First was lunchtime in the Punchbowl, where I demonstrated almost scary comic timing - "If I go to the loo now, the food will arrive." Guess what happened less than 3 seconds after I stood up...

Second was the sign outside of the First Hussar - "Food Now Been Served." I'm unsure exactly how to read that one - really bad spelling mistake or exasperated waitress?

3 comments
Comments:
Wow you'll be able to watch lots of TV on that projector thing!
 
Nice. Can we all come round and watch Bad Boys on it?
 
I'm thinking it's for decent films and PS2 games - not TV (except Doctor Who) and definitely not Bad Boys!

Although I would definitely consider it fit for the film we were discussing in the pub this evening!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?