<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 11, 2005

Spare Changes 

Still a bit random, I'm afraid. It's starting to look like a semi-permanent thing. It's spilling over into work too - have found it quite difficult to concentrate on anything much for more than 5 minutes, which has rarely, if ever, been a problem in the past. Expect it's holiday hangover - it's just taking me longer than I'd expected to come back down to earth properly. Re-did my Myers Briggs test last week, and I've got an awful lot more I and P than I was - that was interesting, but not entirely unexpected. Or it could be the "drifty" mode I get into when I don't have any long-term projects on the go - at least that one's got a solution!

Work bowling evening today. Good fun. I like bowling, and really ought to have joined a local club by now - I'm sure I could crack the 200 barrier if I went more often than once every 3 months or so! The full scores aren't announced till tomorrow. There are prizes for highest 3 and lowest 1 individual scores, and another for the highest aggregate team (of 6) score. I was nowhere near the top individual score (190 - my best was 154. Beat DT both times though, and he doesn't have concussion as an excuse this year - he even has the medical certificate with a clean bill of health on it!) but my team is in with a very good chance of getting the aggregate prize. There were two rounds of 30 teams - we played in the later round, and our scores weren't being totted up till tomorrow, but the earlier round's scores were done just as we were leaving. I couldn't remember the exact scores my team got, but I ballparked it at 1600 +/- 25, and the highest score of those from the first round was 1612. Update tomorrow!

Further irritation for me in the continuing (but to most readers, previously-unmentioned) saga of the property management agency at my flats, and the battle between them and the permanent leaseholders to get them to do any property management. I'm pretty much indifferent to them - the roof and windows are still there, and that's about all I care about - but of the other 3, one's getting all up tight because she had to pay herself for her gas leak to be fixed (lease says she has to - problem is?), another is upset primarily because he's old and thinks the government should sort everything out for him, and the final one is in a tizz because he doesn't understand expense underruns and accounting accruals. I've got better things to think about than whether the stairs have been hoovered this month, but I get dragged in because we need to be unanimous in order for the management company to listen to any complaints. Unnecessary stress in my view.

Birthday trip planning is now under way. Everyone who's replied has said at least a qualified yes so far! Where I'm going to find a place for 30-odd people on a Bank Holiday weekend is a question I'm trying to avoid thinking about for just now.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?