<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 29, 2005

10,958 

There are several things I'd have preferred not to have had to do yesterday, including spending most of the last hour at work with the worst headache I can ever remember having, and marking exam papers for 4.5 hours.

There's one I would definitely have preferred to do instead - namely, go to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (idiosyncratic review here). This will have to wait for a bit now, as I doubt it will have percolated far enough north to be visible in Scotland.

Everyone else has had a go, so I might as well join in the party (so to speak).

Who Should You Vote For?

Who should I vote for? v2

Your expected outcome:

Conservative


Your actual outcome:



Labour -27
Conservative 38
Liberal Democrat 13
UK Independence Party 32
Green 37


You should vote: Conservative

The Conservative Party is strongly against joining the Euro and against greater use of taxation to fund public services. The party broadly supported the Iraq war and backs greater policing and ID cards. The Tories are against increasing the minimum wage above the rate of inflation, and have committed to abolishing university tuition fees. They support 'virtual vouchers' for private education.

Take the test at Who Should You Vote For

Hmmm. That's not exactly the result I got the other day! I was strongly pro-UKIP and anti-Lib Dem on Saturday! Either I'm a lot more floating (and less decided) than I thought I was, or I'm poor at aiming the mouse.

Iasonas' birthday party was ... varied on Wednesday. La Tasca's food was pretty good (esp. the honey and pine nut cheesecake!), but there really wasn't much else on the menu I could have eaten, so I'm not sure I'd bother going back again. Conversation in the restaurant was, by turns, scintillating and excruciating, with a fairly clear delineating line between the two. Other headlines :

  • Had a fairly involved discussion about me with Helen (no, that word order isn't jumbled) which was ... interesting.
  • Wondered whether GD was still wearing elasticated ties or whether he could do Windsor knots by himself now.
  • Failed to remember which way round a sheep's head and body should most correctly be coloured.
  • Learnt about the frequency of fishcakes on Government websites.

    I'm wondering whether to try something a bit edgy tonight. "It's my party and I'll", and all that. We'll have to see.

    0 comments
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?