<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Earning, Learning, Yearning 

I'm sure I shouldn't really be looking forward quite so much to having a week off. But I am.

My last night in Boston seems a long time ago now - as it is. Just shy of 4 months, in fact! Two people independently mentioned it today. Perhaps I'm looking a little haggard. I'm not the only one - someone I only met last week said as we were leaving the office that she was really sick of how everything had gone the last few months, but that at least there was light at the end of the tunnel now. Just 7 more days...

I suppose part of the forward-lookingness is because it's Wimbledon once again. Early darts from the office in week 1 (if I can manage them). Lying on the sofa in the sun for the entire day in week 2 before cooking tea in the hour or so between end of play and "Today at Wimbledon" at 9.30, then bed at 10.30 - the catch-up on the sleep is good too! Not sure whether the "in the sun" bit is going to work with the new 8-foot telly on the wall, but I can live with one break from tradition. I must remember to enter the public ballot for tickets this year...

Last night's Taming of the Shrew was successful - the Shrew was indeed Tamed. Tsuki was playing Kate, which for most of the play didn't need a great deal of acting, but I think I detected a bit of dissonance in her soliloquy at the end - it hardly expresses true girl-power sentiments!

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?