<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turn and Face the Strange 

Pub Treasure Hunt XI took place this evening (although I'm not wholly certain about the numbering any more - I'm reasonably certain we're up to 12 or 13 by now).

It's been my second-favourite of all of them - the best being (oddly!) the one we were organising. Nothing to do with the pubs, the questions, or anything other than the company - it's just been a very very fun evening. A change is sometimes a whole lot better than a rest.

  • Beth with her ice hockey shoulder pads
  • Mick and his flashing groin
  • Jenny and Jen drawing eyes from all quarters
  • Cat taking 10 minutes out from talking to count Underground stations
  • Tom asking why we weren't colouring in any of the sudoku puzzle brown
  • Dean's arms being only as hairy as mine
  • Gareth. Just Gareth
  • Gavin, having initially intellectual discussions about the invention of zero, Roman numerals on watches and Mel Gibson's nationality, swiftly followed by him apologising for the disastrous failure of a project that's been running for 2 years despite his involvement having only begun in October, finishing it all off with an entirely warranted vitriolic attack on one of our colleagues
  • Martin taking a photo of "Christina Aguileira" and "Dot Cotton" "snogging"

    Last night we went to the Swan for "Last Last Orders." As a non-drinker, I guess this whole change has really passed me by - it seems to be a big deal for most people, but I suspect the main impact it'll have on me is that there'll be a less clear-cut time for me to leave the pub and go home, I'll have to judge it based on how drunk everyone else is and how bored I am of them.

    Afterwards I dropped in at Tom & Helen's place to fix their wireless network. I'd earlier in the evening (somewhat arrogantly) suggested that I could talk Tom through the changes over the phone and it'd take half an hour, or I could come round and do it myself in about 30 seconds. Turns out I'd overestimated by about 28 seconds! Plug in one wire, click the mouse ... done. He and Trevor B will now be competing for who can provide the most free internet access to his street, at least until he can sort the encryption out.

    0 comments
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?