<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Things That Go Bump 

I've lived in York now for a little over 3 years, and one of the things I've perennially thought I probably ought to do at some point is to go on a ghost walk. However, while it's a popular pastime for foreigners (in which group I'm including anyone who doesn't live in York), it's always felt faintly demeaning to go and do something that's there primarily to keep the toruists happy and out of our way.

However, tonight, because I'd had a very early tea (mmmm, rare venison steak), I had a choice between going to watch other people eat at a restaurant, or go on a ghost walk. Hobson's choice. In the end, it was quite good fun. The guy was very funny, so I let him off for throwing water at me, and he took us to some less well-trodden parts of York - the big house behind the Minster and next to St William's College looks amazing with its Christmas lights on at the moment.

Sadly (for him), one of the foreign foreigners who was picked on by the guy appeared to be called Urine.

I also finally managed to partake of the new opening hours this evening - we didn't buy any drinks after 11, despite the barman's rather plaintive attempt to tempt us into going and buying something at the bar, but we were sat chatting in the pub till 12, about topics including funeral attire, dehydrating genes, TV theme tunes (including the A-Team, Quantum Leap and Indiana Jones) and which famous people shared our birthdays (mine include Alexander the Great, Andre Agassi and Michelle Pfeiffer).

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?